Pine Mountain Gold Museum
The Pine Mountain Gold Museum at Stockmar Park The Pine Mountain Gold Museum at Stockmar Park is a unique historical site with a museum, actual mining sites, nature trails and gold panning all at one location. Experience gold mining techniques spanning over 100 years beginning in the 1820s through the early 1930s. We are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. We are here to help preserve the rich history of Villa Rica's gold mining industry for over a hundred years. As we have progressed in constructing our beautiful museum, many of our citizens have brought in memories which have become artifacts displayed for your enjoyment. Most of our exhibits were found right here on Pine Mountain in Villa Rica dating back to the early 1800's and some exhibits date back to 12,000 BC! The museum's state of the art security system protects these precious memories. We invite you to bring the family and enjoy a day in the park, a picnic in our covered pavilion, panning for gold, a tour of the intact ruins of Pine Mountain's gold mines on the mountain and a viewing of the museum exhibits. Pine Mountain Gold Museum offers:
- A 4,800 square foot museum.
- A 50-seat theater with a 20-minute documentary of the history of the Villa Rica mines.
- A covered gold and gemstone panning area.
- An authentic grist mill and water-wheel.
- A 27 acre park with over three miles of self-guided walking trails with interpretive signage.
- Knowledgeable guides available for group tours of 15 or more.
- A covered picnic pavilion.
- West Georgia's only authentic 19th Century gold stamp mill.
- Georgia's only gold museum located at the site of an actual gold mine and with gold and gem panning on-site.
- A Museum Gift Shop.
- A Live Farm Animal Exhibit.
Monday through Saturday ~ Museum Closed on Sunday 10:00 am ~ 4:00 pm
ADMISSION BY DONATION $5.00 INDIVIDUAL $4.00 SENIORS 55 & OVER $4.00 CHILDREN 5 ~ 12 CHILDREN 4 & UNDER ~ NO CHARGE FOR MUSEUM
PANNING FOR GOLD OR GEMSTONES $5.00 PER BUCKET (ALL AGES) LAST PANNING TICKET SOLD AT 3:30 PM
There is no charge for enjoying the park grounds including viewing Pine Mountain's mines and natural trails.
Learn more by visiting their web site at http://www.pinemountaingoldmuseum.com/
For information about group tours and discounts please contact Carla Smothers at 770-459-8455