INVITATION TO BID
(1) MULTIPURPOSE EXCAVATOR
I. Overview, General Submission Information and Pre-Bid Conference
The Carroll County Board of Commissioners requests bids from interested and qualified companies to provide bids for a “Multipurpose Excavator.” It is the intent of this specification to describe a carrier mounted, single engine, full hydraulic telescoping boom Excavator capable of excavating, grading, sloping, backfilling, etc., equivalent to a Gradall model XL4100. The unit shall be in current production and the manufacturer’s printed literature shall be submitted with the bid.
II. Instructions to Bid
A. How to Prepare Bid Proposals: All bid proposals shall be:
1. Bidders should complete Attachment for vehicle they are willing to provide the County under the Terms and Conditions of this Invitation to Bid. The Vehicle shall meet the minimum specifications outlined in Section III. All prices should be FOB Destination. Delivery address is provided in Section II. Bidders shall also provide any manufacturer specifications or technical data with their submittals.
2. Typewritten or completed with pen and ink, signed by the vendor or their authorized representative, with all erasures or corrections initialed and dated by the official signing the proposal. Bidders are encouraged to review carefully all provisions and attachments of this document prior to completion. Each bid constitutes an offer and may not be withdrawn except as provided herein. Also, prices are to remain firm for the period stated herein.
3. Questions about specifications or for clarification should be addressed to:
Charles Pope, Public Works Director
B. How to Submit Bid Proposals: All bid proposals shall be:
1. Submitted in a sealed envelope, plainly marked with:
MULTIPURPOSE EXCAVATOR FOR THE CARROLL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS, JULY 24, 2017”
2. Mailed, Express Delivery or delivered as follows in sufficient time to ensure receipt by the Department on/before 3:00 P.M. Monday, JULY 24, 2017.
(a) Mailing Address: Carroll County Board of Commissioners
P.O. Box 338
Carrollton, GA 30112
Attn: Gerald Pilgrim, Operations Director
(B) Hand Or Express Delivery:
Carroll County Board of Commissioners
323 Newnan Street
Carrollton, GA 30117
Attn: Gerald Pilgrim, Operations Director
(c) No proposals will be received or accepted after 3:00 P.M. ET
July 24, 2017.
Proposals submitted after the designated date and time will be
deemed invalid and returned unopened to the proponent. Carroll
County is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. It is the
bidder’s responsibility to ensure no late bid is submitted. No proposal
may be withdrawn within thirty days after the proposal opening and
shall remain firm through the period.
C. How to Submit an Objection: Objections from bidders to the invitation to bid and/or these specifications should be brought to the attention of the Operations Director in the following manner.
1. Written objections should be received by July 21, 2017.
2. Failure to object in accordance with the above procedure shall constitute a waiver on the part of the vendor to protest the solicitation.
D. Standards for Acceptance of Bid for Awarded Contract: Carroll County reserves the right to waive any informality, to reject any and all bids, to evaluate all bids, to accept portions of any bid and to accept any bid which in its opinion may be in the best interest of the County. The County reserves the right to modify the contract after its award.
E. Compliance with laws: The bidder shall obtain and maintain all licenses,
permits, liability insurance, workman’s compensation insurance and
comply with any and all other standards or regulations required by federal,
state or County statute, ordinances and rules during the performance of any
contract between the bidder and the County. Any such requirement
specifically set forth in any contract document between the bidder and the
County shall be supplementary to this section and not in substitution thereof.
III. General Terms and Conditions
A. Specifications: Any obvious error or omission in specifications shall not inure to the benefit of the bidder but shall put the bidder on notice to inquire of or identify the same from the County. Whenever mention is made of any article, material, or workmanship to be in accordance with laws, ordinances, building codes, underwriter’s codes, A.S.T.M. regulations or similar expressions, the requirements of these laws, ordinances, etc., shall be construed to be the minimum requirements of these specifications.
B. Delivery Points: All items shall be quoted and delivered F.O.B. Destination to the following addresses:
Carroll County Public Works Department
34 Horsley Mill Rd
Carrollton, GA 30117
Delivery cost and charges (if any) will be included in bid price.
C. Delivery Time: Estimated delivery dates should be stated on the bids. Delivery time may be considered by the County when selecting most responsive and responsible bidder.
D. Bids for All or Part: Unless otherwise specified by the County or by the bidder, CARROLL COUNTY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE AWARD ON ALL ITEMS, OR ON ANY OF THE ITEMS, WHICHEVER ARE IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE COUNTY. Bidder may restrict his bid consideration in the aggregate by so stating, but must name a unit price on each item bid upon.
E. Prices to be Firm: Bidder warrants that bid prices, terms and conditions quoted in their bid will be firm for acceptance for a period of thirty (60) days.
F. Description of Vehicle: Proposals for vehicle and/or equipment should be accompanied by copies of detailed factory specifications, ratings, technical data, including accurate descriptions of the exact vehicles and/or equipment on which bids are made.
G. Completeness: All information required by Invitation to Bid must be completed and submitted to constitute a proper bid.
H. Quality: All materials used for the manufacture or construction of vehicles and/or equipment covered by this bid shall be new, of the best quality and highest grade workmanship. Vehicle and/or equipment shall be equipped with such necessary equipment complying with the Georgia State Law, but not including licensing. Also, materials must comply with all applicable Federal and State OSHA requirements in affect at the time of bid.
I. Acceptance of Material: The material delivered under this proposal shall remain the property of the seller until a physical inspection and inventory is made and therefore accepted to the satisfaction of the County.
J. Guarantee/Warranty: The bidder shall state the warranty in the proposal. All warranty repairs and adjustments shall be made only at such time as will be least detrimental to the operation of County business.
K. Manufacturer or Dealer Advertisement: No manufacturer or dealer advertising attachments shall appear on products delivered to the County without prior approval by Carroll County
L. Brand Name: If and whenever brand names, makes, name of manufacturers, trade names, vendor catalogs or model numbers are stated, they are for the purpose of establishing a grade or quality of material.
M. “ OR EQUAL” Interpretation on : It is the vendor’s responsibility to prove to the
County that each bid item is equal to the grade or quality of material specified.
N. Award of Contract/Purchase Order: The contract/Purchase Order, if awarded, will be awarded to the most responsive bidder whose bid will be most advantageous to the County, price, estimated delivery, warranty and other factors considered.
O. Qualified Vendor: A “Qualified Vendor” is defined for this purpose as one who meets, or by the date of bid acceptance can meet, all requirements for licensing, insurance and service contained within these specifications.
P. Compliance with Specifications – Terms and Conditions: The Invitation to Bid,
Legal Advertisement, General Conditions and Instructions to Bidder, Specifications, Special Conditions, Vendor’s Bid, Addendum, and/or any other pertinent documents form a part of this proposal and by reference are made a part hereof.
Q. Signed Bid Considered Offer: The signed bid shall be considered an offer on the part of the bidder, which offer shall be deemed accepted upon approval by the Carroll County Board of Commissioners. In case of a default on the part of the bidder after such acceptance, Carroll County Board of Commissioners may take such actions as it deems appropriate including legal action for damages or specific performance.
R. Invoices – Invoices should be mailed to the following address:
Carroll County Board of Commissioners
P.O. Box 338
Carrollton, GA 30112
Attn: Accounts Receivable
S. Payment Terms- Net 30 Days.
T. Firms submitting bids must ensure all property taxes owed Carroll County are current prior to award of purchase order or contract.
U. Previous model year vehicles (new, never titled) are acceptable and maybe considered new, if these vehicles are available.
It is the intent of this specification to describe a carrier mounted, single engine, full hydraulic telescoping boom Excavator capable of excavating, grading, sloping, backfilling, etc., equivalent to a Gradall model XL4100. The unit shall be in current production and the manufacturer’s printed literature shall be submitted with the bid.
III. EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS –It is the intent of this specification to describe a carrier mounted, single engine, full hydraulic telescoping boom Excavator capable of excavating, grading, sloping, backfilling, etc., equivalent to a Gradall model XL4100. The unit shall be in current production and the manufacturer’s printed literature shall be submitted with the bid.
- Rotating Structure-The upperstructure shall be supported on the carrier by a internal swing bearing and shall be capable of continuous swing at not less than 8 RPM. The counterweight shall weigh not more than 8,850 pounds and the tail swing shall not exceed 8’0”. The swing system shall incorporate a spring set, hydraulic release swing parking brake. Anti-slip paint is required on all walking surfaces.
- Boom- The boom shall be triangular in cross section and shall consist of a main section and a telescoping section. Adjustable boom rollers shall be furnished on both boom sections. The telescope section shall be equipped with a quick-change bucket adapter and shall telescope hydraulically through a distance of not less than 12’6”. The boom assembly shall be supported by a cradle that provides for the tilt of the entire boom assembly and attachment through an arc of not less than 220° about its longitudinal axis. The boom shall rise through an arc of not less than 30° and lower not less than 75°. The attachment shall open and close through an arc of not less than 165°.
- Hydraulic System- Power for the hydraulic system shall be supplied by the carrier engine. There shall be one-piston pump providing not less than 77 GPM @ 4800 PSI. The pump shall be engaged with a PTO to the transmission. The system shall provide for simultaneous boom, swing and remote functions, quick disconnect type pressure check ports, minimum 64 HP swing motor, minimum 21 HP tilt motor, minimum 110 HP remote drive motor, appropriate relief vales, oil cooler and filter with service indicator. The pressurized reservoir shall be of minimum 50-gallon capacity and shall be equipped with sight level gauges. System operating pressure shall not exceed 4800 PSI.
- Cab & Controls- The operator’s cab shall be all weather with safety glass windows and skylight. The cab shall be complete with front window that rolls overhead for storage, wiper washer, AC, AM/FM radio, four-way adjustable seat, acoustical treatment, signal horn, filtered heater and defroster, and work light package. The controls shall be self-centering deadman type consisting of 2 electronic joysticks mounted on the armrests and one rocker switch for all upperstructure movements. Engine controls shall include key type ignition switch with neutral start and throttle. There shall be warning lights for low air, low DEF, engine maintenance, hydraulic filter condition and level. There shall be an automatic engine shutdown for low oil pressure or high coolant temperature. Remote carrier propel, steering and automatic digging brake shall be controlled by two-foot pedals. The hydraulic remote control system shall be complete with an emergency brake control and travel alarm.
- UNDERCARRIAGE SPECIFICATIONS
- Carrier-The carrier shall be a 6 X 4 rubber tired type, 8'6” wide with a 66,000 lb. gross vehicle axle weight rating. The frame shall be fabricated plate construction, 65 KSI materials. The wheelbase of the unit shall be a minimum of 170" and the frame width a minimum of 48". The carrier shall be equipped with remote control.
- Engine-The carrier shall be powered by a liquid cooled turbo charged air after cooled with Selective Catalytic Reduction, TIER-4f off highway certification diesel engine with a minimum 248 HP @ 2200 RPM. The engine shall be equipped with a dry type air cleaner, fuel filter, oil filter, a minimum 100-gallon fuel tank and a minimum 11.9-gallon Urea tank. The electrical system shall be 24 volt and incorporate a 110-amp alternator.
- Transmission- The carrier shall be equipped with a 6-speed Automatic transmission, Allison 3500/3000 RDS, having 6-speed forward and 1-speed reverse. In cab Touch Pad shifter with built in Transmission monitor. Max road speed... 60 mph.
- Transfer Case- The transmission shall be connected to the drive axles through a drop style transfer case with internal air shifted disconnect for the remote propel motor.
- Axles and Suspension- The front axle shall be rated at 16,000 lb. minimum. The front suspension shall be leaf type and shall be complete with automatic lockout cylinders. The rear tandem axles shall be rated at 50,000 lb. minimum with single reduction. The forward tandem axle shall be equipped with a cab controlled differential lock. A cab controlled inter-axle differential lock shall be provided. The rear suspension shall be Hendrickson Equalizer beam with at least 8" oscillation.
- Brakes- The carrier shall be equipped with six wheel cam type air brakes and automatic slack adjusters. The system shall include spring set brakes incorporating emergency and parking brakes on both rear axles. The system shall include an air compressor and desiccant type air dryer with automatic purge valve and thermostatically controlled heater.
- Wheels and Tires- The wheels shall be 10-stud hub piloted disc. The front tires shall be single 385/65R22.5 LR (J) with on/off highway tread. The eight rear tires shall be 11R24.5 LR (H) with on/off highway traction tread.
- Steering- Carrier steering shall be integral hydraulic power steering.
- Cab-The carrier cab shall be a one man, isolation mounted cab. The cab shall include an air seat, tinted safety glass windows, acoustical lining, and heater and defroster. Side windows must open for ventilation and be adjustable. The cab instrument panel shall include the following equipment: Gauges for oil pressure, water temperature, dual air tank pressures, fuel level, DEF level, low DEF warning light and alarm, voltmeter, hour meter, speedometer and odometer. The carrier shall be complete with headlights, tail lights, stoplights, back-up lights, identification light clusters, turn indicators, hazard warning, electric windshield wiper and washer, back-up alarm and plain and convex mirrors on both sides.
- OPERATING WEIGHT
Working weight, including 36" excavating bucket and half-full fuel tanks shall exceed 49,684
- DIGGING SPECIFICATIONS
Maximum Digging Depth, not less than 20'3"
8' level bottom 19'3"
Maximum Surface Reach, not less than 30'3"
Maximum Loading Height, not less than 17'2"
Bucket Pivot, not less than 165°
Boom Tilt, not less than 220°
Minimum Reach for Cleanup, not more than 12'5”
(Bucket level, ground level boom retracted)
Boom Arc, not less than 30° above level
75° below level
Tail Swing, not more than 8’0”
Telescope Action, not less than 12’6”
Maximum Machine Height, not more than 15'0"
(With bucket below ground level)
Rated bucket tangential force with 36" bucket 24,900 LB
Rated telescoping boom crowd force 21,940 LB
- LIFTING CAPACITY (Minimum-Boom at 10’ load point height and equipped without bucket)
Over End Over Side
15' Radius 11,710 11,400
20' Radius 7,775 7,280
25' Radius 5,520 5,055
27' Max Radius 4,860 4,220
- TRAVEL DIMENSIONS (MAXIMUM-With 48" Excavating Bucket)
Height with bucket 11'9"
The equipment shall be capable of performing all functions without the use of outriggers.
V. Bid Acceptance
Bids shall be reviewed and evaluated by the Carroll County Board of Commissioners. An award, if made, will be made to the responsive bidder whose proposal is most advantageous to the County while meeting or exceeding the above specifications and delivery. Carroll County reserves the right to waive any informality, to reject any and all bids, to evaluate all bids, to accept portions of any bid and to accept any bid which in its opinion may be in the best interest of the County.
***The County reserves the right to modify the purchase order/contract after its award.***
CARROLL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS BID FORM
Vendor or Proprietor Name:
Number of years in existence:
Point of Contact (person responsible for direct contact with Carroll County for this Request for
Telephone Number: Fax:
CARROLL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS BID FORM (Continued)
Estimated Delivery Time:
Unit Price: $ Extended Price: $
(Person authorized to bind company to the Terms and Conditions of this RFP)
VARIATION OF SPECIFICATIONS
Specifications, which do not meet or exceed, should be explained in the exception table below this form.
Specifications not meeting or exceeding the County’s Specification.
Affidavit Verifying Status
for a Carroll County Public Benefit Application
By executing this affidavit under oath, as a bidder for REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL or other public benefit as referenced in O.C.G.A. Section 50-36-1, I am stating the following with respect to my proposal for (1) MULTIPURPOSE EXCAVATOR for ______________________________ [Name of natural person applying on behalf of individual, business, corporation, partnership, or other private entity], a representative for ____________________________________________[Name of business or corporation].
1) I am a United States citizen
2) I am a legal permanent resident 18 years of age or older or I am an otherwise
qualified alien or non-immigrant under the Federal Immigration and Nationality Act 18 years of age or older and lawfully present in the United States.*
In making the above representation under oath, I understand that any person who knowingly and willfully makes a false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation in an affidavit shall be guilty of a violation of Code Section 16-10-20 of the Official Code of Georgia.
Signature of Applicant: Date:
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME ON THIS THE
Alien Registration number for non-citizens
My Commission Expires:
*Note: O.C.G.A. § 50-36-1 (e)(2) requires that aliens under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, Title 8 U.S.C., as amended, provided their alien registration number. Because legal permanent residents are included in the federal definition of “alien”, legal permanent residents must also provide their alien registration number. Qualified aliens that do not have an alien registration number may supply another identifying number below:
CONTRACTOR AFFIDAVIT AND AGREEMENT (E-VERIFY)
(1) Police Pursuit SUV Equal to Ford Interceptor Utility
By executing this affidavit, the undersigned contractor verifies its compliance with O.C.G.A. 13-10-91, stating affirmatively that the individuals, firm, or corporation which is contracting with the Carroll County Board of Commissioners has registered with and is participating in a federal work authorization program* [any of the electronic verification of work authorization programs operated by the United States Department of Homeland Security or any equivalent federal work authorization program operated by the United States Department of Homeland Security to verify information of newly hired employees, pursuant to the Immigration Reform and
Control Act of 1986 (IRCA), P.L. 99-603], in accordance with the applicability provisions and deadlines established in O.C.G.A. 13-10-91.
The undersigned further agrees that, should it employ or contract with any subcontractor(s) in connection with the physical performance of services pursuant to this contract with Carroll County Board of Commissioners, contractor will secure from such subcontractor(s) similar verification of compliance with O.C.G.A. 13-10-91 on the Subcontractor Affidavit provided in Rule 300-10-01-.08 or a substantially similar form. Contractor further agrees to maintain records of such compliance and provide a copy of each such verification to the Carroll County Board of Commissioners at the time the subcontractor(s) is retained to perform such service.
E-Verify * User Identification Number Company Name
BY: Authorized Officer or Agent Date
Printed Name of Authorized Officer or Agent Title of Authorized Officer or Agent of Contractor
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME ON THIS THE
DAY OF _ , 20 .
My Commission Expire