Carroll County C.I. visitation schedule is Saturday and Sunday (and established Carroll County Holidays) from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
a. Visitors are allowed to enter the parking lot at 8:30 a.m.
b. No one is allowed to loiter in the parking lot during visitation.
c. No children can be left in the vehicles.
d. No animal/pets can be left in vehicles.
e. All vehicles must be secured (locked) while in the parking lot.
f. No alcohol, drugs, or tobacco products allowed in the facility or on its grounds.
Entering the facility:
Visitors are required to wear appropriate attire. Closed-toed shoes are required of all visitors, including children. Male visitors over 12 are required to wear collared shirts and full-length trousers.
Inappropriate clothing shall include, but is not limited to:
a. Dresses or tops with thin straps that expose shoulders or chest area in any manner.
b. Tube tops or halters of any type.
c. Any type of clothing which reveals the stomach or midriff area.
d. Any type of clothing that is made of sheer or transparent material.
e. Shorts of any kind or any kind of slacks that are above the knee (twelve 12 years old and under may wear shorts).
f. Dresses, skirts or other similar garments that are more than two (2) inches above the knees.
g. Females are required to wear foundation type garments such as bras, (sports bras are suggested as underwire sets off the metal detector) panties, and slip.
h. Male visitors are not permitted to wear tank tops or short tops of any kind, nor see-through tops made of net or mesh webbing. Shorts are not permitted (children 12 years old and under may wear shorts).
i. Any other type of clothing that is suggestive or revealing in any way shall be prohibited.
1. Offenders may not allow any visitor to wear any of the inmate's clothing at any time. Offenders may not wear any of the visitor(s) clothing while in the visiting room or any of the visitor(s) jewelry or have in his possession anything owned by the visitor(s). This procedure will be strictly adhered to and will be enforced by the Visiting Room staff.
2. Visitors may bring in a Master Card or Visa plus $20.00 in cash in a clear bag to be used in the vending machine and inmate ATM in the visiting area.
3. At no time are offenders allowed to hold, use cash or credit cards.
4. Offenders and their visitor(s) will take a seat and will remain sitting except to go to the restroom, visitors to get something from the vending machines or to speak to the officers. No visiting from table to table or corner to corner will be permitted. Once the visit begins, visitors and/or inmates may not leave the visiting area unless they desire to terminate the visit.
5. Personal contact such as handshaking, embracing or kissing is permitted only at the beginning and conclusion of the visit. Excessive, frequent or prolonged embracing, kissing or other inappropriate behavior is strictly prohibited. If these behaviors are exhibited by an inmate and/or visitor and if after being warned, the inmate and visitor(s) refuse to comply with the rule, the visit will automatically be terminated and the inmate will receive a disciplinary charge commensurate with the offense. Repeated offenses may result in the visitor's name being removed from the inmate's approved visitor list.
6. All visitors will sit in an upright position with their shoes on. There will be no lying down across two or more chairs; no leaning or lying across inmates or visitors; no sitting between one another's legs; nor placing one's feet in the lap of another individual. Also, any other behavior that can be considered to be intimate physical contact shall be prohibited.
* The officer in charge of visitation has the authority to terminate any visit that is deemed a security risk or a violation of institutional rules.