Welcome to Community Development!
The Community Development Department is responsible for the physical development of the County, ensuring that development of the County occurs in a manner which is safe, attractive, and efficient, as well as enhances the overall quality of life for our citizens. The activities of the Department range from maintaining the long range plans for the County to reviewing plans for new buildings and issuing business licenses. Our staff is here to serve the citizens of Carroll County and to assist you in a helpful and friendly manner. The major responsibilities of the Department of Community Development are the regulation, review, and inspection of land development and building construction.
Our daily responsibilities include the following:
- Planning and Zoning
- Enforcement of Carroll County Ordinances
- Issuance of occupational tax certificates
- Residential and commercial building inspections
- Commercial and residential plan review
- Issuance of beer and wine licenses
- Soil erosion and sediment control ordinance
- Issuance of building permits
- Staff support for the Planning and Zoning Commission
- Staff support for the Board of Appeals
- Applications for rezoning, variances, and conditional use permits
MANY PERMITS AND LICENSES MAY BE APPLIED FOR ONLINE USING OUR ONLINE PORTAL AT THIS LINK:
Online Permit Portal
Please contact our office if you need assistance with these online applications.