Response activities address the immediate and short-term effects of an emergency or disaster.
These activities are designed to provide emergency assistance to victims of the event and reduce the likelihood of secondary damage.
Emergency Support Functions
All first response agencies within Carroll County, including the county and city public safety/support agencies, have responsibilities in the County Emergency Operations Plan known as emergency support functions. Long before the disaster or emergency, the agencies with responsibilities in the plan train on what they would do during all types of disastrous events. While government agencies are responding to these types of events, local Community Emergency Response Teams
are providing aid to their communities.
- Activating of an emergency operations center
- Issuing public communications and warnings
- Offering individual assistance
- Performing damage assessment
- Providing temporary housing or shelter
- Setting up a mobile communications unit